Why Sound Planning Group
We're more than just a workplace. We're a family.
We strive for excellence and challenge ourselves to think differently in order to create the optimal environment for our employees and clients to succeed. We’re an organized and adaptable group of critical thinkers, who collaborate to solve problems because we believe that everyone has something important to contribute.
Our clients are unique and diverse, yet all have the common desire to work with a team whose top priority is their best interest so that they can sleep soundly at night and make the most of their retirement years. SPG is a company that prides itself in being a positive, friendly, non-toxic environment. If you have to spend your waking time at work - you want it to be with this group of kind, humble, generous, and fun people!
About the Role
We are looking for a Medicare Agent who can successfully convert leads provided by SPG and our ongoing marketing efforts. This position requires positivity and energy, attention to detail, problem solving and critical thinking skills, and a strong devotion to focus. This position requires sales skills, knowledge of Medicare regulations, and familiarity with the available healthcare plans. If you are a participant in the field of Medicare insurance plan sales, you are required to follow Medicare sales and marketing guidelines. If you are a genuine, caring person who enjoys building relationships with people, someone who likes working in a culture where social unity, intellectual humility, goodwill, and positivity are actually held in high regard, then you will thoroughly enjoy working with us! This position is classified as a 1099 position and offers a 5-year vesting period. Potential to earn 50K in first-year commissions and to grow significantly as you grow your book of business.
AS A MEDICARE AGENT, YOU WILL …
- Work with prospective customers, and convert leads provided by SPG and our marketing efforts.
- Promote and sell products/services to existing and prospective customers.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and client relationships.
- Evaluate the health care plans of new and existing clients in order to help them determine the most optimal services and coverage for which they are eligible. This includes making recommendations about obtaining supplemental insurance and helping people understand their options for prescription drugs, vision, and dental policies.
- Communicate over the phone and in-person to answer questions and provide service to clients.
- Emphasize the features of products to highlight how they solve customer problems.
- Attend and assist at all Medicare workshops (you will be working closely with the Marketing Department).
AS A MEDICARE AGENT, YOU ARE …
- Educated: 2+ years in the job itself; Knowledgeable about insurance products and services, and can answer questions with confidence and clarity.
- Licensed: WA Medicare Licensed and licensed with all necessary carriers for WA State.
- A People Person: Emotionally intelligent, naturally inclined to build relationships, and great on the phone.
- A Skilled Communicator: Confident, comfortable, and courteous in written and spoken communication.
- Analytical & Adaptable: Accurately assess the proper order of execution for an evolving list of priorities.
- Technical: Capable of proficiency with Microsoft Office, SalesForce, Slack, and Google Workspace.
- A Problem Solver: A critical thinker who loves figuring out solutions when they aren’t immediately obvious.
- Investigative: Capable of noticing details, inferring meaning, and perceiving the proper course of action.
- Theoretical: Capable of applying foundational principles to unique situations.
- Organized: You love when things are handled thoroughly, carefully, and efficiently.
- Professional: Articulate, polite, social, clean-cut, professionally dressed, good time management skills, etc.
- Confidential: Discreet and protective of client and employee personal information.
- Focused: Able to monotask, which means properly prioritizing and focusing on one thing at a time, despite frequent interruptions and context switching.
- Dependable: Punctual, professional, and responsible in appearance and conduct.
- Servant-Hearted: Humble, teachable, sincere, honest, intent on ethically serving the families in our care
- Adept: Capable and motivated to maintain ongoing education in your area of expertise
- Diligent: You exemplify hard work and excellence. You do great work and continuously strive to improve.
- An Awesome Human Being: You’re positive and upbeat, kind and friendly with a humble attitude.