Chief Marketing Officer
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Are you an experienced, educated, growth-minded Marketing Professional looking to lead and grow a team of marketing A-Players? Do you want an opportunity to remove the ceiling on your own career in a small business with big growth plans? Are you as much a leader as you are an expert in marketing strategy? Do you have a proven ability to develop lead acquisition and brand recognition strategies that yield consistent, predictable results? Do you know how to systematically gather and interpret data, in order to refine marketing campaigns and inform future efforts? Do you want to work with a purpose by using marketing strategy to connect our team of fiduciary financial planners with folks who honestly need help to secure their retirement? Do you want to be a part of a culture that promotes sincere, emotionally intelligent working relationships; a place where you actually want to come to work? Then what are you waiting for? Apply for this role!
AS THE CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER, YOU (AND YOUR TEAM) WILL ...
- Fill our educational workshops with amazing people who want to be educated on how to make the right decisions with their assets (income, savings, stocks, estate, etc.) as they enter their retirement years.
- Fill our retirement planner’s schedules with appointments with these same folks.
- Increase the effectiveness of our current brand recognition efforts and discover new strategies.
- Be a leader: exemplify our core values and embody the paradigm of servant leadership by exercising authority with humility and confidence
- Directly manage a growing team of amazing marketing professionals
- Develop and maintain key third-party relationships, such as those with local news outlets, radio stations and mail houses
- Develop a robust, scalable multi-platform internet marketing strategy that accelerates the company’s growth rate
- Develop a consistent, lead-generating client referral program
- Source and brand educational assets to use in various campaigns
- Use structured data, client/prospect polling, industry insights, target demographic research, and academically informed strategies to refine and inform marketing campaigns
- Track and report on campaign successes and adjustments
- Work with CEO to draft campaign ideas; work with COO to test and execute
- Report to COO on department KPIs, such as number of leads generated, attendees registered, appointments set/attended, campaign budgeting/costs
- Work with COO to grow your team and systematically expand the company’s marketing efforts
THE IDEAL CMO CANDIDATE IS ...
- Educated: You have a college degree in Marketing or related subject, or equivalent knowledge.
- A Leader: You have the aptitude and interpersonal skills to assemble a team around yourself, comprised of both existing employees and people you will help to hire, who will become a team of rockstar marketing professionals that will take our company to the next level and beyond.
- Hungry: You have an insatiable appetite for researching, finding and fixing flaws.
- Motivated: You are a detail-oriented, self-starter; you are flexible, enthusiastic and possess an energetic personality.
- A Builder: You love to build systems and processes, and continually refine them until they are as efficient and productive as possible. The ability to balance a process-driven approach while generating innovative ideas is imperative.
- A Problem Solver: A critical thinker who loves figuring out solutions when they aren’t immediately obvious.
- Organized: You love when things are handled thoroughly, carefully, and efficiently.
- Professional: You are punctual, responsible, and able to dress and behave professionally.
- Diligent: You exemplify hard work and excellence. You do great work and continuously strive to improve.
- An Awesome Human Being: You’re positive and upbeat, kind and friendly with a humble attitude
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing/Public Relations
- 5+ years of experience in leadership/management
- In-depth knowledge of community awareness
- Experience with MS Office and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Proven ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks on schedule
- Very strong networking skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong strategic thinking
- 3 weeks vacation in your first year fully available after 90 days, 4 weeks every year thereafter fully available at first year anniversary, and annually rollover of up to 40 hours unused vacation every year!
- 52 hours annual sick leave + work remote option!
- 100% Employer-Paid Insurance: PPO Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability, and LTC!
- 401k with 4% match to 5% contribution + zero advisory fee!
- Healthy work/life balance and genuine, friendly coworkers!
- Employee-centric culture committed to individual training, development, and advancement!
- Opportunity to grow as a professional and a person!